How I Trim My Natural Hair

If you follow me on Instagram then you have probably seen that I have been rocking a mini puff and I'm excited that my hair is growing like a weed but I have to pull myself back and remind myself that I need a trim. As much as I love my current length I also have to trim my hair because a delayed trim can make me go back to a TWA in a matter of minutes because I would have to cut the damage that traveled all the way up my strands and so to avoid that I need to trim.

Oh by the way, my hair is in the awkward stage and I have been incorporating a couple of protective styles.

There are a few ways to trim your natural hair. I used two methods that are quite popular.

I make sure to detangle small sections and I used :

  • Spritz bottle
  • Leave in conditioner
  • Detangle brush
  • Pik

..

After detangling a section I spritz some water on my hair and apply a bit of leave in conditioner and rake it through my fingers and then I use my detangling brush to further detangle. I lost my fine tooth comb so I used my pik (it's the closest comb to my fine tooth comb). I comb that section from the middle to the ends and by then my coils will be defined and clumped then I use my fingers to feel the damage and the way I see my damage is when the coils don't coil anymore and my ends feel different.



The damaged parts consists of split ends, single strand knots and thin ends and it usually feels rougher than the rest of the length because it has the most damage. It is usually the driest because they don't retain moisture anymore.

However this method is time consuming and I had a lot of errands that day so I ended up doing the twist and cut method.



I twist my hair up but I don't not coil the ends. I feel the twist from the roots to the ends and then I cut the part where my hair starts to thin at.



The end result is a cute, coily, soft, fluffy and jet black fro. I got rid of the super damaged dyed ends. I had to cut more hair because one side of my hair had more damage than the rest so I ended up having a TWA.

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan