Removing Build Up In Locs


Hey kinks and coils 💜

When I was a newbie loc'er 5 years ago I used to apply shea butter on my locs ( mistake #1 ) it was super creamy and thick and I had buildup on every loc. I didn't realize that when moisturising locs it is more beneficial to use light weight products.

I know there are newbie loc'ers out there who are in a bind and see all kinds of white things in their hair and can't understand what it is and what it is doing there.

Now there is a difference between build up and lint.


Buildup In Locs


You can read about lint in locs here.


These are two super easy methods that I used to get rid of build up in my locs

Apple Cide Vinegar.

Yes , ACV smells awful but it helps , A LOT. After washing my locs I spritzed ACV on my locs and let it sit for a few minutes and then I rinsed it. Your locs are going to be dry because ACV dries our hair out. When you do this make sure your hair is freshly washed.

Bentonite Clay

Not only is this amazing for my face but it is great for our hair. Bentonite clay pulls out chemicals and metals out of our bodies like a magnet. Mix it with ACV /  Aloe Vera Juice mix it untill you get a creamy consistency (Mixing Bentonite Clay)  and apply it all over your locs and leave it on your hair for about 15 - 20 minutes .The bentonite clay will lift everything to the surface and make sure you rinse it out properly.

DO NOT mix bentonite clay with metal objects ( you must use non-metal bowl and non - spoon
) If you use metal objects you will activate or deactivate certain properties in the clay.

There is a solution to every obstacle in your journey , do not fret.

Have you ever had build up in your locs? How did you get rid of it?

Let me know in the comments section.

I'd love to hear from you.

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan