Review : Long & Lasting Leave - In Conditioner





I am on a HEALTH and CONFIDENCE journey. I'm trying to be healthy , getting my body to be fit , my hair healthy and my skin glowy and clear. I read product labels all the time nowadays because I want to know what I am putting on my hair and body.

I bought this product at Clicks for R31.99. I was basically looking for a cheap Leave - in conditioner to do the Kimmaytube ph balanced Leave in conditioner and this is the cheapest leave-in conditioner I could find.


[ INGREDIENTS : AQUA ( WATER ) , CETYL ALCOHOL , QUATERNIUM - 91, CETRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE , CETEARYL ALCOHOL PPG - 3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE , BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE , OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL , HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL , BETAINE , PARFUM  ( FRAGRANCE ) , BENZYL ALCOHOL , METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE , METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE , CITRIC ACID , AMYL CINNAMAL , BENZYL SALICYLATE , COUMARIN ]

This leave-in conditioner claims to nourish hair , making hair stronger and make it softer.


It's super light weight so it is perfect for my  fine strands. I don't want my hair to be weighed down because I love a bit of volume with my twist outs , so a super thick product is going to weigh down my hair and I'm going to be very unsuccessful trying to achieve volume.

My hair hates protein so when I saw "hydrolyzed vegetable protein" as one of the ingredients I knew I had to try it out and see if it works for me. My hair is super boujee.

The product is not a 100% natural , the only natural ingredient in the product is Aqua and that might turn off a couple of naturalistas that prefer 100% natural products.


I do not like the scent. It is okay but after a while it becomes too much and it is overpowering.

This product is perfect if you have colour treated hair , excessive shedding or weak strands , it will help  strengthen your strands because the hydrolyzed plant protein has been broken small enough to penetrate into the cortex.

However , there are countless blogs that warn naturalistas from using too much protein in our hair because it's detrimental and you can read all about it here .

I think I'm inlove with this leave-in conditioner because it allows me to seal in my moisture and also strengthen my strands at the same time.

And it is also vegan friendly 😊 🌱.

It's not a natural product and I was also a bit skeptical about it but so far it hasn't reacted negatively towards my hair. But our hair is different , what works for you won't work for me and vice versa.


I have mentioned in previous posts that protein treatments make my hair feel like steel wool but maybe plant protein is a better alternative for me because I have been using this leave-in conditioner for a month and my hair just gets softer and softer. However it's still early so I will update you if anything changes.

This is a keeper! I love it.

*Not Sponsored

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan