I Cut My Natural Hair , AGAIN !



Looks like I won't get to that shoulder length anytime soon , oh well. 🤷🏾‍♀

This is nothing new . As you probably know I have cut my hair before and I have dyed my hair. So I knew that the dye was going to damage my hair but I didn't think it was going to be this bad.

I was taking down my finger coils on wash day and while I was washing my hair  I noticed something peculiar .

MY COILS WERE GONE!

On wash day my coils get super defined and shiny but I wasn't expecting my hair to be shiny because the dye depleted my sheen. I had already trimmed my ends and I thought that it was enough and I didn't need another trim.

Oh man I was wrong. 😳

I didn't want to overreact so I dried my hair and put it in braids so that I can get a stretch. A couple of days later I was about to moisturize my natural hair and I know that as soon as my hair touches water it shrinks and my coils get defined ,  oh but that didn't happen and when I put my hair in twists my ends were so thin  and feathery , I knew what was next : a cut!


My hair looked terrible. The colour was growing on me but the damage is something I can't get used to.

This loose natural hair journey is testing my patience 😒.

We have been down this road before and I will be the first to admit that this is getting annoying.

I finally cut my hair after a week of being in denial ,  my hair is much shorter than in the picture (above) I had to quickly take a picture because the natural light was acting up so my hair is much shorter , it's in a TWA but much shorter , I'm glad that I went for the ombre look because if I dyed my whole head then I'm pretty sure that I would be bald right now however , I have been bald before and it wasn't the end of the world and another reason why my hair is shorter is because I'm a scissor happy nappy so I cut off more hair than necessary but I'm  happy that my hair is jet black and I get to start afresh with my coils popping .

It's hella short but hella healthy and cute. I'm tired of rocking short hair though ,  because I have to reshape it every morning because some sections lay flat when I'm sleeping. I miss the good ol' days when I washed my hair and sealed in the moisture and then I'd rock a loose ponytail throughout the week.

I want to grow out my hair and reach my hair goal , shoulder length - unstretched ,  but I'm not going to be the type of naturalista who protective styles 24/7/365 untill I reach my goal .

Nah fam that's not going to happen.

I'll just have fun with my hair but incorporate healthy methods. I also want to lay off with the heat because I want to do further research on how to PROPERLY use it and I still want to dye my hair for the last time , I really want my mane to be purple.

Last but definetly not least , I am searching for my holygrail products. I want to buy products with ingredients that have great benefits for my hair so I'm on the hunt for my staple products so that my coils flourish.

I still have a bit of dyed areas but I'm just trying to grow them out and when my hair is long enough I will trim the little dyed ends.

I can't believe I'm so reckless with my hair fam but in the next couple of months I want to grow out my hair and see the difference from the before picture (above) so in about 5 or 6 months I'll be back with an update.

I hope I don't mess it up as time goes by 🙈

Fingers crossed . . .

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan