DIY Flaxseed/Linseed Gel For Natural Hair

Hey kinks and coils 💜


Today on this beautiful day I am doing my Flaxseed / Linseed Gel for my kinky coily 4b/4c short natural hair .

I am not a huge fan of long posts so let's just get started.

You will need :

1 Cup Flaxseed / Linseeds .

You can use the golden or the brown ones , I have used both and and didn't notice a difference. However after I did a bit of research I found out that the brown linseeds / flaxseeds are higher in omega 3 fatty acids. I bought my flaxseed at Checkers and The Farmers Market.


Tablespoon


2 cups Of warm water


Strainer


Jar

Essential Oil (optional)


Directions : 

Put the stove on medium heat and pour 2 cups of water and a cup of flaxseeds in the pot.




Increase the stove's heat to the highest tempreture and start stirring.

When a white sticky layer is formed on the top and the mixture is much thicker than before turn off the stove and stir untill the mixture is WARM.



When your mixture is WARM pour it into your jar through the strainer and put in a few drops of your favourite essential oil .


DO NOT allow the mixture to be cold because it will be difficult trying to pour it through the strainer. 


I ended up with 2 jars full of flaxseed/linseed gel , it would have been 3 jars if I wasn't so lazy.

The gel will thicken as it cools.

Store your seeds and your gel into the fridge.

You will use your seeds when you want to make another jar of flaxseed gel.

The gel self life is 12 - 15 days in the fridge.

Its sticky and fun to play with and I will post tutorials on what I use the gel for .
 I probably will do a Wash And Go ( which is exciting because it will be my very first ) and some perm rod sets . 

Some Loc'ers have used this gel to retwist their roots and complained  that the gel was causing build up so I don't recommend you use it on yours but do what works for you.

I hope you try this out.

What will you use your flaxseed gel for?  Tell me in the comments section.

I'd  love to hear from you.

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan