Using Grease On My Natural Hair

Hey kinks and coils 💜




Grease was never an option for me because it includes all kinds of ingredients that I am not familiar with.

I'm more comfortable with using natural products because they are safe , most of the time. And I know exactly what is inside of the product.

My hair was never shiny , I remember after detangling my locs I would saturate my loose natural hair with oils because I was trying to make it super shiny and it would always look dull and it would break because like a dummy I used oils to "moisturise" my hair and didn't know about the LOC/LCO method.

And then I trimmed my hair and made a vow to take care of my hair.

I was going through instagram and saw a post by wolfgang lisborg that you can read about here he uploaded a video on Instagram about grease.

I was skeptical and my shea butter mix was finished and then I finally decided to just do it because my hair was breaking like crazy because it was always dry.

I spritzed water on my hair and sealed in the moisture with grease and laaaaaaaawd my hair is super shiny , my twist - outs are bomb and most importantly I'm retaining moisture like crazy.

You do not need a crazy amount of products for your natural hair you just need great technique and you will be okay.

I can achieve my favourite styles by just using water / AVJ , grease / shea butter and oil.


Don't knock it before you have tried it.

What are some of your favourite products ? Tell me in the comments section.

I'd love to hear from you.

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

  1. Hey How do you incorporate the grease into the loc method?Do you apply it to you scalp as well as the ends and how often? Also which grease did you use the Jojoba oil, carrot or coconut oil one?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan