Cheapie But Goodie Cleansers For Natural Hair





I know it's not always easy and some months feel like they are longer and waiting for pay day feels like a decade.

I will provide you with cleansers that are cheap / affordable but can still get the job done. You don't have to spend a crazy amount of money to have healthy hair.

  • Clays

I remember being skeptical about using clays in my hair becuase I thought it just would not work however , I was amazed at how much gunk was coming out of my hair when I was rinsing out the clay.

I had run out of shampoo and I didn't want to co-wash because conditioner makes my scalp itchy so I used Bentonite clay. I made it watery and used it as a cleanser , it defined my coils and it was perfect base for a wash and go. I buy my Bentonite Clay at Dischem by Nature's Choice for R36.95. You can also try out Rhassaul clay.

  • African Black Soap

I am still going gaga over this. African black soap made my hair baby soft. I still can't get over it. I make it watery and it acts as my shampoo I add 2 very small pieces of African black soap in water and shake untill the lumps are dissolved and then I use it as normal shampoo and whenever I made it I stored it in the fridge because it is water based. I don't use African black soap anymore because my supplier has moved to another country. *womp womp wooomp*

  • Dilute Your Shampoo


This will only work if you already have shampoo. And I like doing this when I have a pricey shampoo that I want to last me for a long time. Just pour a small amount of your shampoo into another separate bottle and dilute it with water and a bit of oil. Not only will this help you save a bit of money but it won't be as harsh on your hair as it would be if it is undiluted. Buy a sulphate free shampoo because it is more gentle on our tresses. I buy "my natural hair" at clicks for R89.95 and its 250 ml .Yeah it's kinda pricey but it can get the job done.

  • Ultimate Organic Therapy Olive Oil Shampoo

I haven't used this product and the link will be below. It is super affordable and you can buy it at Clicks for R38.95 

  • Glyco Lemon Fresh Apple Shampoo

Isn't this great? Having an apple scented shampoo. Oh my. 
This brand has some really super affordable products that I am definitely going to review . You can buy it at Game Stores for R25.99 can you believe it? And it's a 400 ml bottle , it's for all hair types AND it is pH balanced .You should definitely check it out.

  • Glyco Lemon Grapefruit & Lime Shampoo

Here's another one that belongs to the glyco lemon brand and it's also under R30 you can buy it at Clicks or Game Stores.

  • Palmolive Classic Shampoo Apple

This one has probably got to be the cheapest shampoo I have ever come across. It's a decent amount of product for a super low price. You can find it at Clicks for R19.95 (350 ml), yeah I said . Crazy right? . And it's also pH balanced and it is for all hair types .You can also find it at Shoprite

  • Body Wash/Soap

Yeah.. It's not always easy fam. You use body soap to wash your body , so why not use it to wash your hair?.  I suggest you use a shower gel because it has a shampoo consistency , some people use bar soaps which is cool as long as you dissolve it in water so that you not rubbing that soap on your hair and your strands are not getting stuck on the bar soap and hair is just coming out  🙈 . And I also recommend you pour a quarter of your shower gel/dissolved bar soap in a seperate bottle and dilute that with water and an oil. I don't like using this that's why I put it last  , but I gotta do what I gotta do sometimes.

Experiment with other products. With natural hair you probably have this notion that ONLY natural hair products are good for you. There are people who have natural hair and use non natural products for example I have used grease and it is not a natural product but it has worked wonders on my hair. Non natural producs are not as pricey as natural products.


What are some products you use on your hair when you are going through a tough month ? Let me know in the comments section.

I'd love to hear from you.

And don't forget to look at those reviews that I got at the bottom 😊 

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan