Cheapie But Goodie Oils For Natural Hair


Moisturizing is the best thing you can ever do to your tresses. Moisture helps soften our hair and most importantly it reduces breakage and allows you to grow your hair long and healthy because your ends won't be breaking faster than your hair is growing.

However you can moisturise all you like but if you are not sealing all that moisture with an oil , then you are just wasting your time. Oils are super important in a healthy hair journey.

I have five favourite oil combinations that you can use if you are not a mixtress and you want to reap the benefits of the expensive oils but at half the price.

  • Olive Miracle By African Pride


If you want heaven in a bottle filled with nutrients and different types of oils you can buy olive miracle by African pride.  I don't like the smell but it can get the job done. I like to mask the smell with one of my favourite essential oils and I use it to seal in the moisture. This mixture has oils from the basic Olive Oil to the super expensive Horse Tail oil. I buy it at Clicks for R 38. 95. However I think it's much cheaper at Shoprite.


  • Ultimate Organic Therapy Olive Oil Growth Oil Moisturizer . 



Anything that has olive oil is good for our hair right ? Yeah seems so . This product claims to strengthen your hair , I'm not sure if it has hydrolyzed protein or not , either way you can get it at Clicks for R34.49

  • Dark And Lovely Olive Oil Moisturizer. 

Dark and Lovely never disappoints and you can get this oil at Clicks for R23.95 the prices varies when you buy it on the internet. 

  • Aunt Jackie's Nourish My Hair Flaxseed And Manoi Growth Oil. 

I have already used their detangler , deep conditioner and their curling custard  which are great and their fragrances are probably another reason why I am recommending this oil . It's kinda  affordable so who am I to complain ? Get it at Clicks or online.

  • Mera Alma Oil


It's not one of the best smelling oils on the market but with so many wonderful ingredients like Amla which helps to give your hair some shine and it also makes hair healthier ,  why won't you try it out ? And it also performs the same task as the other oils : it seals in the moisture. It's easily available at Shoprite and Pick n Pay.

  • Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil .

They have a wide variety of oils to choose from coconut oil to sweet almond oil. The brand is scarce but the oils are affordable. 


  • Au Naturale Soak It Up Oil Cocktail .

Their knot out conditioner is A1. It's a relatively new line from Dark and Lovely (I stand corrected) and their products are mostly natural . The fragrances they use are hella mega so this probably smells like a garden in a bottle. You can find it at Clicks and Dischem .  

  • Afro Botanics African Oil Blend.

I'm a fan of their shea butter super growth creme and their protein treatment. However I haven't tried out their oil . They sell 95% natural products and I know some naturals are strictly-natural so I figured I should include it and you can find it at Clicks or Game Stores. 


  • My Natural Hair Strengthening Oil .

I love their clarifying shampoo and leave in conditioner. They are also 95% natural which means that their products are kind of pricey. However if that doesn't faze you then you can buy the oil at Clicks for R95.95.

Steep , I know.

And if everything fails then you can pop into the grocery store and buy you some EVOO , castor oil , grapeseed or whichever oil you prefer. 

And yes I am going to keep on saying this !  You  👏  do  👏  not  👏  need  👏  everything     👏  in  👏  the  👏  beauty  👏  supply  👏   store. You just need something that will work for you and do not fall for all the hype.

Remember when coconut oil stopped wars? Saved some people's marriages? Brought back lost lovers? 

Now almost every naturalista DETESTS coconut oil.. Ehhh. 

So you need to find what works for you.

BTW stay posted for more cheapie but goodie DCs , styling tools and so much more. Have you checked out the affordable alternatives for shampoos right here ? 

Do you know of any other affordable oils? Share them in the comments section below. 

I'd love to hear from you.


Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx


Comments

  1. Did u c daht Curly pearly stole ur concept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Is MPL Oil okay to use

    It is in a black bottle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan