Reclaim Thy Edges !


Hey kinks and coils 💜

Since I have to be transparent here's what I wanted to share for the longest time!

When I had a protective style on I wanted everything to look sleek and neat because it had to last me for a very long time but I  have done a bit of research and now I know better.

My edges were laid for the Gods all day , everyday and I didn't realize that my hair line was receding.

I am planning to bring my edges back by January because walking around edges-less (if that's even a word ) is not cute.

It's August so I am going to be consistent with the following method.

I am going to use the holy grail for almost every natural.


  •  C A S T O R   O I L
I bought the clear castor oil because it is cheaper and easily accessible.


Castor Oil contains natural compounds that promote hair growth. A large percentage of castor oil contains Ricinoleic acid , one of the essential amino acids required by the human body. It's an Omega-9 fatty acid that can penetrate into the pores of the skin a d hair follicles. You can read more about the benefits of Castor Oil here.

And one of my favourite essential oils 😊

  • P E P P E R M I N T  E S S E N T I A L  O I L 

You can read more about the benefits here.

  • V I T A M A N   E    O I L
I bought it at Dischem , a different brand btw.

I am going to use vitamin e oil to preserve the mixture so that it doesn't go rancid. And vitamin E oil is also great for hair. It prevents hair breakage and makes it strong, healthy and shiny. A scalp massage with vitamin E oil is the best way to get rid of Dry and damaged hair. Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that provides many health benefits. 

I am planning to increase my water intake and moisture my hair more and be consistent with my scalp massages , 2 minutes every day.  


This is my before picture , I hope the after picture is 10x better.

Not Cute 🙈



By the way I took this picture in July before cutting my hair.

I added all my oils in a dropper bottle

Totally not necessary.


 And I hope I have my edges back in January.

Have you ever had your edges disappear on you? 
How did you bring back your edges? 
What else other than castor oil have you used on your edges? 

Let me know in the comments secton.

I'd love to hear from you.

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan