Why I Had To Cut My Natural Hair

I cut my hair. Yeah I did.

I underestimated the power of trims and how beneficial they are. I always rocked a gigantic fro with the side part it was huge and I always got second looks and was asked "is that your hair? " I would have included pictures if it was cute but it wasn't cute because my ends were crying for help and they were damaged af.

 However I thought I'd cut them but I lost my shears and that was just discouraging and I was always super busy going to the gym and so on.

On Thursday I flat twisted my hair with difficulty and I kept reminding myself to make time to trim my hair and then on  Friday I unravelled the twists and I had a terrible twist out and the damage was there in full effect.

I finally bought shears on Tuesday and thank Lord I finally trimmed my hair. I actually cut my hair because my hair was super damaged , I had A LOT of single strand knots and my ends just didn't retain any moisture , they were porous , my hair would always get tangled even after detangling and my ends felt super rough.

This is my length before cutting my hair.


This how much hair I have cut.



This is my length now 😊


So it was a  daily struggle trying to style my TWA because it's a buzz kill having long hair for 5 years and now it is all gone.

I want to stop over manipulating my hair because that's what caused most of the damage and from now onwards I will just rock the TWA and embrace short hair.

I'm so excited with this short hair I think it looks cute. It is a short coily fro and I moisturize daily to get coil definition , I LOVE IT! . And I will finally try out the Wash and Go that I am obsessing about.

I thought I should share this . So now my plan is HEALTHY HAIR. I don't mind the TWA. I am  all about the health and not the length. And yes of course people were looking at me like im crazy because I cut my hair

I think I cut off more hair but it doesn't matter because my hair is healthier and super fluffy 😊 

I have totally regained my confidence with this short hair. I allowed my fro to be the measure of my beauty , but not anymore! This 3rd big chop is LIBERATING! 

Wear That Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan