Cheapie But Goodie Detanglers For Natural Hair

Detangling helps prevent knots  and tangles , and if done correctly then you can retain length and maintain your density. Finger detangling is  great because you get less breakage , healthier ends and less pain but if you add a great detangling conditioner to the mix then your detangling session will be a breeze.

Detanglers/conditioners with slip are a gift from the heavens to naturalistas because you know how tangled and matted our hair can get , right ? So investing in a great detangling conditioner will make a huge difference in your detangling sessions. Some naturalistas prefer using conditioner to detangle and that is perfectly fine , however if your hair is much longer then that probably means you deal with a lot of tangles and you detangle mid week and if that's the case then this post is dedicated to you .

Detangling prodcuts/conditioners are everywhere right ? But I have summarized ones that I feel are great for our tresses and are affordable so that is basically a win - win. I have used a couple of these products and I was left pleased and tangle - free.


  • Au Naturale Knot-Out Conditioner


I underestimated this product. I bought it a couple of months ago , and it smells like summer in a bottle.  It smells fruity and flowery . I think I'll switch over to this brand just for the fragrances they use in their products , they are phenomenal !

This conditioner is thick and  super slippery and it also defines my coils . You can get it at Pick 'n Pay for R39.95 . I love it.


  • Dark And Lovely Ouchless Detangler

My cousin has been using this on her natural hair and she says it smells good , it's super lightweight and leaves the hair shiny and smooth and it doesn't feel greasy. You can find it at clicks for R39.95 (250 ml) 


  • Aunt Jackie's Knot On My Watch

This detangling conditioner took me back to my childhood because it smells like sweet delicious Drink O' Pop. I think I spent more time smelling it than using it , for real. It's R54.95 (177 ml) and you can find it at Clicks. It's kind of steep considering the price and how small the product is.

  • Afro botanics Nandi's Natural Kiddies 3-in-1 spray


This one is for kiddies , but hey we have tender heads too ! This one is kind of steep , it's a 250ml bottle for R63.95 at Cliks.

If you can avoid using traditional detanglers , then avoid them.

DIY
There is a DIY I saw on Youtube a long time ago and I forgot the channel's name , but she used warm water , ACV and coconut oil.  She added warm water in her spritzer bottle , ACV and coconut oil just to add some slip. Then she spritzed that mixture on her hair and started from the ends to finger detangle.

If your hair doesn't like coconut oil then click here  to check out a list of oils that you can substitute with.

If the DIY route is not appealing to you then you can detangle using the LOC/LCO method.

What are some of your favourite detangling conditioners , share with us in the comments section below.

By the way , have you seen my review on a vegan friendly leave in conditioner that has hydrolyzed vegetable protein in it 😆 Click here  to check it out .  #GoVegan #FriendsNotFood #PlantBasedNaturalista 🌱

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx


Comments

  1. afro botanics be laying games with their prices they crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yes. Do they realize that they are selling in a DevelopING country ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan