Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan


Happy new year beautiful people , I know I'm late but I hope it still counts.

A few days ago I made my way to the gym and I just felt strange , like I was lacking something  , I'm pretty sure you know that feeling , it's that feeling when it feels like you the only person noticing the change and everyone doesn't see anything and you go around asking people "do you see it though" , that is exactly how I felt a couple of days ago.

I made my way to the gym and after my workout I took a warm steamy shower and I felt uneasy when I saw my shadow. I looked a bit closer and questioned myself like : " could it be ? " and I looked a bit closer and I finally found why I felt peculiar that day .

My thighs aren't touching anymore , they touch just a little near my pelvic area though , and my muffin top is getting smaller.

I also couldn't believe it.

All that hard work is finally paying off. I have also noticed a difference in my back and my right knee.  My right knee gave me problems for as long as I can remember and my back was always hurting , I think it was because of the excessive weight and my body couldn't handle it , so now that I have  dropped that weight my body feels incredibly light and the feeling is phenomenal because  I can finally do yoga without worrying about the pain and discomfort.

I have stopped going to the gym though because I have to prepare a 101 things for 2018 . Everything is switched up , my schedule has changed drastically ! . So I do yoga much often because it only requires a mat and space unlike travelling to the gym , it takes up a large chunk of my time.

I have also changed up a couple of things up and the biggest is probably my diet . I am finally fully vegan , this is nothing new I have been vegan for a week in 2017 , and it was life changing . I am finally ready to embrace the vegan lifestyle.

I decided to fully transition because of the affordability and the health benefits of being on a plant based diet. My body is reacting negatively to certain foods and I really don't know why.  For example : eggs make me feel bloated , I can't understand why I feel like that every time after consuming eggs , some dairy products make my tummy runny , so it doesn't make any sense to keep those foods in my diet.

Another thing I want  to introduce into my lifestyle is "portion control" , I really have to reduce my portions because I can chow down a whole plate of food and then go in for seconds' and sometimes thirds' . I'm pretty sure that I would have seen a difference earlier in my journey if I learnt how to portion control earlier on , so I'm using smaller plates and I have also introduced snacking , I wasn't snacking before and I'd usually eat a big lunch/supper just to compensate for the other times when I felt hungry and didn't eat. I want to snack on healthy foods and completely cut down on junk food , fingers  crossed  . . .

This journey has consumed my time , energy and willpower and I have no reason to quit on my health , I have come so far and I'm not about to just quit and go back to square one. The old Karabo can change and be good to her body , I have ONE body and it has to take me to the end so I have to be good to it.

I know you are probably annoyed and already want to see the results but don't worry , I have already set a date for my big reveal and I don't want to tell you about it , I want it all to be a surprise. I have taken my before pictures a long time ago and I can't wait to get rid of my problem areas and then I'll finally show you the results. I'm so excited. 😃

I haven't updated you in about 2 months so I thought this one should be a little longer.

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?