How I Prepare My Natural Hair For The Gym


Jambo kinks and coils 💜

I am on a health and confidence journey which is hella successful , whoop whoop 😊 . My hair used to to take a knock from the excessive sweating because it would get funky in about 2 days after wash day and I do not want to dry my hair out faster than it drys out itself by over washing it.

Nah fam ✋ .

As you probably know , I like super simple things and I'm frugal because I'm not outchea trying to spend my whole life savings on my hair when I can travel the world and experience it.

So I incorporate super easy steps into my regimen to keep myself sane whilst I am sweating my fat away.


  1. Wear Your Hair In Braids / Twists . 

I don't like over manipulating my hair anymore , so what I do is after my wash routine I put my hair in flat twits which last me the whole week and since my hair is stretched it won't shrink up because of the sweat. If you are not a fan of protective styles I suggest you braid your hair into chunky sections or you can do twists ,  you can do anything as long as your hair stays in a stretched state whilst you sweat . 

2 . Witch Hazel

Great for my skin and also great for my scalp. I buy the Natures Nourishment at Dischem . I squirt just a little on my scalp and then I tilt my head sideways so that it's equally distributed. I do this before exercising so that even when I sweat my scalp doesn't smell too funky . In my opinion the Witch Hazel won't do any harm or damage because I'll only be squirting it on my roots and not my ends which are super sensitive and might break off because Witch Hazel is drying.  I sometimes carry a mixture of olive oil (carrier oil) and a few drops of Peppermint essential oil then I squirt it on my scalp before exercising and then my scalp smells pepperminty clean throughout my workout.  

3 . Carry A Hair Dryer 

If you are not a fan of liquids on your scalp then you can use a hair dryer on your scalp on the cool settkng to dry everything up. I don't get super sweaty but I think it's a great alternative if you sweat like crazy and nothing seems to work. 

4 . Cover Up The Funkiness

Oh my I  was guilty of this 🙈 . In the beginning I didn't really prepare my hair it would get dry bcause I was over washing it. A couple of weeks later I decided to buy a braid spray or a moisturizer . I spritzed it on my hair and used an oil / leave on conditioner to seal. I did it for about a month and it was quite successful. 

And there you have it , I'm a basic gyal who likes basic things. I think the two most important things to do when you prep your hair for the gym is to ; keep it stretched whikst you sweat and find tricks on how you can control the funkiness.


The Witch Hazel one  works amazingly well , I spend 4 hours at the gym from Monday - Friday , and just one squirt of Witch hazel controls the bad odours and I have the confidence to do anything at the gym .  

If you like sweating at the gym as much as I do then tell us below how do you prepare your hair for the gym in the comments section below.

And I always suggest that you try different things and when you find one that works for you , STICK TO IT !

Have you liked the Facebook page ? Click here to do so . 

Have you seen my  "Cheapie But Goodie oils" post ? Well I have it up and updated for you. I recommend some really cool oil combinations that can help you out of you are not a mixtress or you prefer a a medley of oils at half the price . Click here to check it out.




*Afilliate Links Are Used.

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan