I Dyed My Natural Hair

Hello kinks and coils 💜



I hate what I did to my hair. I really do . I was foolish thinking that this dye would look bomb.com , instead I ended up with a mess on my head that I have to walk around with as a token of my shame 😒 .


So I coloured my hair a week ago on Friday and I thought I'd be slaying everyone but clearly I was wrong. I despise everything about it. I planned to use purple the first time but I became insecure about the attention I'd receive. I'm on a confidence / self love journey and I don't want to be abrupt with it because I'll only be fooling myself. So I decided to tone it down a little and I wanted my hair to be "brown-ish" with a hint of blonde so that's why I chose 'caramel blonde' which now looks like "copper" 😒 .

Inecto Caramel Blonde 


This color is terrible. I hate it. I really want to cut it. My hair had a beautiful sheen , it was super soft , jet black , and even when I didn't moisturize it for a whole week my hair would still be soft and it wouldn't break like crazy . Now I have this "red-ish" mess on my head. I totally regret it. I am planning on coloring my hair black and if I don't like the result then I am going to cut it. This will be the 4th time cutting my hair 😒 another dang setback.

After I coloured my hair it felt like it had been through the most , it felt hella dry. The color looked nice after I rinsed it out though , it looked a little brown and I was cool with that . I have had it for a week and I miss my jet black hair.

My hair is still healthy but I don't like this color .However the ends in my crown area are rough and they don't feel so good , I guess I'll do twists and trim it this weekend.
It has no volume even after I fluff it out and that's not how my hair usually behaves.

I have been rocking flat twists for the whole week and that's how I'm retaining moisture these days. I want my hair to be moisturised daily and I don't want to over manipulate it because I have just coloured it so I don't want to do things that will cause it to break because I'm still figuring out ways on how I can help it thrive in it's coloured state. 

However I don't think I'll have this color for long , I'll cut it in December or whenever I feel like it. 


Will I colour it again ? Heck yeah.


I refuse to just have hair and do nothing with it and have it just sit on my head , no fam that's not going to happen. I want to do everything imaginable with my hair. I'm not even worried that I might cut it again because it's hair , it will grow back again. I want to pay more attention to my body because once it gets damaged then there is a possiblity that it's forever or irreversible.


I want this colour gone , so fam the plan of action is to cut little by little every month untill the coloured sections are gone or maybe I'll just cut the whole thing and rock a TWA again. I don't know fam I have to sleep on it.

However I plan to buy black dye and if my ends in the crown area still feel like steel wool then I'm cutting it , kinda excited about that , I can't believe I did this to my hair but it doesn't really matter because my body is on a new level and I'm pushing myself at the gym 😊 .


I look forward to going to the gym nowadays I'm enjoying every second but I get hella sweaty and sticky which is why I'm going to have a post about how I prepare my hair for the gym and I suggest you stay on the look out for that 😃 .


I only have this one life to live and I'm not going to waste it by following certain rules regarding my hair and playing it safe. I want to experiment using heat on my hair and so many other things 😊 but that's another post for another day.


Should I cut this mess or nah ?


Let me know in the comments section below.


Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

  1. Wow!!! so nice hair!!! Have you another style hair lie sishair ? Share with us.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to. However I am on Instagram and I am quite active there. You can follow me on Karabo101 💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan