The Joys Of Having Locs




I was loc'd for 5 years and this is just me going back to the past a little and enjoying things I don't enjoy now with loose natural hair.

I used to hate wash day. I still do , but with locs I'd be in and out. No DC , no detangling , no pre poo ( I didn't think they were necessary). The only mission on wash day when I had locs was to make sure that I use a good amount of shampoo and concentrate it on my scalp and massage it all over my scalp.

Ahh that was the life.

And can we talk about products? Yeah the only thing I needed when I was loc'd was a good shampoo and a good oil and that was it! When I detangled my locs I came across a lot of products that I wasn't even aware of.

I loove cold and rainy weather . I could walk straight into the rain and my hair would still be the same length and I didn't have to worry that I'd end up with tangles and so on  however , when that lint got stuck into my locs it was torture trying to get it out.

Now we get into the deep stuff.

Discrimination . Yeah texture discrimination . When I had locs I wasn't even aware that there is something called "texture discrimination". The only envy we had as loc rockers was the length. Not all this volume , texture discrimination blah blah .

Now what I don't miss with locs is the misconceptions and people having their own ignorant opinions and presenting them as facts. And I think the most popular misconception is that locs aren't versatile.  Bruuuh if only you knew.

Will I lock my hair again ? Heck yeah. But not anytime soon I still want to experiment with my loose natural hair.


By the way , the beauty in the picture is loccrush and you can find her Youtube channel here .


Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan