Trying Out Finger Coils On My Natural Hair


Can you believe it ? It's December already !
It feels like 2017 just flew on by but we totally felt its effects  ;  Donald Trump , the natural disasters , JZ and the Cabinet Reshuffles , Lybia slave trade , Uncle Rob Mugabe finally resigning issa lot fam . However we not going to be talking about that today we are going to be doing finger coils.

I promised to do this in August I know , I know 🙈 . I have  been super busy making preparations for 2018 and working out  and I didn't make time for my hair.

Since my hair is growing at a faster rate (it's not really growing faster , my ends aren't breaking faster than my hair is growing now) .Read about it here .I am trying out hairstyles on my coily fro that do not require my hair to be stretched. I don't like over manipulating my hair anymore so I tried out finger coils which is a low manipulation style in my opinion because I won't be over manipulating my hair for the whole week .

I used very basic products and tools :

  • A rat tail comb


  • Oil

  • Revlon Flex Styling Gel Normal Hold

This revlon gel is water based , whoop whoop 😊 . And it also has silk & protein , everytime when I come across a product these days it always has protein in it , maybe the universe is giving me a sign to stop giving protein a bad rep .

Either way it has a normal hold and I bought it at Shoprite. However their gels have different holds and I didn't want to start off with the hard hold in the beginning because I'm still experimenting with gels.  By the way you can use any gel that you find suitable.

I started on clean , deep conditioned and super moisturised  hair which is super soft and supple.

I started at the back , obviously.  Since I was loc'd for 5 years the whole coiling motion was easy to do.

I used the rat tail comb to make a side part because a middle part would just look dracula on me.

I didn't make straight lines because I didn't think they were necessary. I only made straight horizontal lines just to give my style a little structure/shape .  I made very small sections and used a pint size drop of gel on every coil.

After I was done with my whole entire head I coated my hands with oil and applied it all over my hair to give it a little shine.

I was super nervous when I used this gel because I thought it was going to make my hair flaky so I was quite anxious during the drying time. I didn't use any heat.

I took me 2 hours. 😒

But the results are totally worth it 😊



I used the oil to give me a bit of shine.

I am not going to take this style down anytime soon because I can't be coiling my hair every week . Nah nah.

I think I will leave it in for 2 weeks and that is pushing it because my hair will lock but I want a break and just moisturize my hair and go!.

I'm a super lazy natural 🙈

I will re - coil it after wash day if it is messed up or if some of the coils need to be defined.

They look like rice krispies super cute and super easy to do . I will do this style even when my hair gets longer because it's growing at a very consistent rate .

What are some of your favourite hairstyles on short natural hair? Let me know in the comments section below.

I'd love to hear from you.

#FreeCyntoiaBrown

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan