Eggs And Brandy Shampoo??


Yeah I know that's what I also thought.

Today I got you with a review about a shampoo that caught my attention. I didn't believe my eyes when I saw this. It's the glyco lemon eggs and brandy shampoo .



[ INGREDIENTS : AQUA , SODIUM LAURETH SULPHATE , SODIUM CHLORIDE , COCAMIDE DEA , COCOAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE , ETHYLENE GLYCOL MONOSTEARATE , PARFUM , CITRIC ACID , CI 19140 , (TARTRAZINE YELLOW) , MAGNESIUM NITRATE , METHYLCHLOROISOTHISZOLINONE , METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE , MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE , CI 15985 (SUNSET YELLOW) ]

I bought it at Shoprite for R20.00 . I wasn't planning to buy any hair products , I was looking for pens and books but I saw this baby and I knew I had to give a review about this.

This shampoo claims that it's for dry hair. Well I have dry hair , if I don't moisturize and my hair texture is naturally dry ,  but when I used this shampoo it stripped the life out of my hair.

When I say "stripped the life" I mean that my hair felt like it was going to fall off. I only used it on my scalp but as the water hits my head it's obviously going to flow downwards and my hair just felt super dry.

Shampoo strips the moisture out of our hair but I didn't expect it to strip everything out , I know how my hair feels after shampooing , it feels a lil dry but not incredibly dry like the time I used this shampoo.

When I bought this I thought it wasn't going to strip the life outta my hair because it's for dry hair , I thought it was going to give my hair a little softness , y'know just a lil bit. I thought it was a moisturizing shampoo but I was terribly wrong.

It doesn't smell like eggs and brandy , what a disappointment 😒 .

It smells like candy and has a bit of a runny consistency and it also has a yellow colour.

It wasn't all that bad though , when I was rinsing out the shampoo I couldn't believe how much gunk was coming out of my hair. I workout a lot and I like applying thick leave ins and I wash my hair weekly , but usually  I wouldn't have so much gunk coming out. So I think this shampoo really cleansed my scalp and got everything that was hiding in my hair.

I really thought my hair was going to smell like brandy. I don't think this shampoo will appeal to other naturals because it is not natural and some naturals don't like having their hair stripped out. So I don't encourage natural-naturalistas to try this out because you will be disappointed and frustrated.

I used this shampoo 3 times so that I can give you a proper review. I used it when my hair was dyed , after I cut my hair and during the week. I wanted to make sure that it's not a rushed review and see how it reacts on dyed or virgin hair but one thing fo' sure it dried my hair out.

Will I keep using products from this brand ? No.

They are cheaper because they don't use natural ingredients and the ingredients they use don't even benefit my hair so it doesn't make any sense to keep it in my regimen however I am going to use it monthly untill it runs out and I'm not going to buy their products ever again.

*Not Sponsored

Wear Your Crown With Pride 👑
Karabo xx

Comments

  1. That's true I have the same shampoo and it made my hair really dry why would you sell somthing like that I'm only 12 and I am trying to
    Get my hair longer shainy and straight my hair is a little long probably till my back and so I kind of agree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased this shampoo.... Haven't used it as yet. I'm scared to use it after reading the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time For A Change 🍃

The Urge To Color My Natural Hair...

How I Trim My Natural Hair

Hello?

Update : My Health And Confidence Journey + Going Vegan